Emily graduated from the University of Dayton with an M.A. in 2017 and is pursuing a Ph.D. in Human Factors and Applied Cognition. Emily is primarily interested in cognitive and perceptual changes with expertise in both real-world and virtual environments, and the use of interactive technology in education.
W. Braxton Hicks
Braxton graduated from The College of William and Mary 2015 with a B.S in Human Factor Physics, and again in 2016 with a M.S. in Financial Accounting. Braxton is currently pursuing his Ph.D. in Human Factors and Applied Cognition and is primarily interested in cognitive development within the areas of training and feedback.
Emily Jackson – CV
Emily graduated from the University of Iowa with a BA in psychology, human relations, and studio arts. She is pursuing a Ph.D. in Human Factors and Applied Cognition. Emily is primarily interested in individual differences in learning complex tasks, particularly the contribution of working memory capacity.
Mitchell graduated from The United States Military Academy, WestPoint 2011 with a B.S. in Engineering Psychology, and again in 2016 from University of Missouri S&T with a M.S. in Engineering Management. Mitchell is working on a M.S. in Human Factors and Applied Cognition.
Mak graduated from New College of Florida in 2013 and is pursuing a Ph.D. in Human Factors and Applied Cognition. Mak is interested in visual perception and aging, and how older adults interact with the world.
Anne Collins McLaughlin – CV
Ph.D., Psychology, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2007
M.S., Psychology, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2003
B.A., Double major:Psychology & English, Trinity University, 1998
Dr. McLaughlin also Co-Directs the Gains Through Gaming Lab with Dr. Jason Allaire.
- Motivation for cognitively complex activities
- Age-related changes in cognitive abilities
- Learning at older ages
- Training to use technology
- Cognitive ergonomics
- Training for maintenance of cognitive ability
- Introduction to Psychology – undergraduate
- Cognitive Psychology – undergraduate
- Seminar on Training and Skill Acquisition – graduate
- Introduction to Human Factors Psychology – graduate
- Gains Through Gaming Lab
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society
- Association for Psychological Science
- Divison 20 of the American Psychological Association
- Divison 21 of the American Psychological Association
- The Human Factors Blog